Wednesday, May 11, 2005

New Palestinian Blog...

Waheed of Afghan Warrior introduces Feras to the blogosphere as a new Palestinian blogger. I found something he mentioned in his first post very interesting.

However, the major problem was when God gave me a baby. Jordan didn't give my child his mother's nationality, because the Palestinian government told all Arab countries to do that.

I don't know much about the details or history of the Israel/Palestine conflict, but this tends to support my theory that leaders of the Middle East are willing to prolong the conflict and fight the Israelis to the last Palestinian if necessary. I had once read somewhere that Jordan was the only member of the Arab League that permitted Palestinians to become citizens, but it turns out that applies to a very narrow group of Palestinians, according to Jordan's Department of Palestinian Affairs (DPA).

Any person with previous Palestinian nationality except the Jews before the date of May 14, 1948 residing in the Kingdom during the period from December 20, 1949 and February 16, 1954 is a Jordanian citizen.

Personally, I don't have much interest in the conflict other than to praise the Bush Administration's Roadmap as being near the correct course of action as long as it ultimately releases the United States from its obligations under the Camp David Accords to provide economic and military support Israel and Egypt.

I think Feras will be worth an occassional visit, and I hope everyone takes time to check his blog and give him some encouraging comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home